Toor dal is also known as Tur Dal, Tuvar Dal, or Arhar Dal. It’s mild, nutty flavour gives the curry a delicious taste, making it one of the most commonly used lentils in Indian cooking. It can be served with rice or breads like roti, naan etc.
– Toor Dal is the main ingredient used in the South Indian sambhar.
– It can also can also be used to prepare khichidi.
– Toor dal is also used for Rajasthani dishes like Dal Baati.
Health & Benefit :
– Toor Dal is a very good source of carbohydrates, protein, fibre and fat.
– It contains a lot of minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron.
– It also contains folic acid which is essential for women.
Storage: Store the dal in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size||100 g|
|of which saturates||0 g|
|of which sugars||0 g|
Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories a day.